North Carolina State Beekeepers Association
Links for Kids
Purpose of the NCSBA
from the NCSBA Constitution
- Encourage better beekeeping methodology
- Promote cooperation among the beekeepers of the state and nation
- Reach a common understanding regarding our problems and their
- Maintain friendly and helpful relations among beekeeping advocates
- Develop markets for beekeeping products
- Foster closer cooperation among members of the NCSBA
- Improve purposes relating to honey bees and beekeeping exclusively
for its members and the general public
Specific Goals - Objectives - Dreams
as summarized by Irvin Rackley, 1995 President
Push for a strong and efficient State organization through planning,
communication and action.
- Develop methods and activities to strengthen local Chapters.
- Promote and maintain close communication among all NCSBA efforts.
Stress leadership development through the N. C. Master Beekeeper
Maintain and develop close cooperation with groups compatible to NCSBA
interests, eg., NCSU, NCDA&CS, American
Beekeepers Federation, NC Farm Bureau, National Honey Board.
Render full support and promotion of honey bee research.
- Actively publicize and encourage support to the Apiculture Science
Fund at NCSU.
- Visualize the development of a foundation.
Promote public awareness of honey bee importance.
- Pursue efforts to realize a permanent honey bee exhibit at the NC
Zoological Park, Ashboro, NC
- Increase the number of honey bee presentations by NCSBA to schools
and other groups.
- Schedule honey bee product marketing promotions annually in the
State Farm Market.
- Encourage more attractive and educational honey bee exhibits at
local festivals and fairs by every local Chapter.
Bring about a "ground swell" of communication and rapport
with governing agencies, e. g., NC Legislature, US Congress, and various